Friday, June 29, 2007

Why, Why, Why?

Why is it we would rather experience pain and disappointment instead of You, Your Love and Joy?
Why do we waddle in "self-pity" when we can bask in Your Holiness?
Why do we continually say we need help or that nobody will help us, but when You're there to help or send help, we refuse it?
Why do we allow ourselves to think we can dictate our own lives when we can let You take control of our every thought and will which would lead us to our purpose and destiny?
Why do we hurt others because we're hurting, when You're standing there waiting to love our hurt away?

Why do we run from You?
Why do we hurt You?
Why do we disappoint You?
AND why do we hate You, Lord?

We're afraid of Your Will, Your Perfection and what it requires.


Written By: Kam-Marie J. Goodwin
Dated: 12/4/04

1 comment:

Millie Arce said...

Romans 8:6
The mind of sinful man is death, but the mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace;

I choose to surrender all to Christ. Yes there are times I want to take control, there are times when I will have a pity party, but then I realize that I am the only one at the party and no one has come to join me.

The enemy would love for me to stay so focus on my situations and my problems so I may loose focus on the One who can fix the problem. At times when I think I have control over a situation I realize I just made a mess of things instead of praying seeking God and allowing Him to take control.

There are times I do want to walk away from God. I think I can’t do this, or it is too hard of a sacrifice, then I come to realize even if I wanted to God has ownership over me He is the one that orders my steps.

2 Corinthians 1:22
set his seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.